Mologic is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Research Assistant Scientist to join our York team.
The position is based at the York site (Sand Hutton) which is expanding to provide a comprehensive microbiology, recombinant protein and antibody service.
The role involves working as part of a team to deliver molecular biology and recombinant antibody services.
Tasks will include:
• Recombinant antibody library generation and selection (Phage display)
• Molecular cloning and protein expression
• Protein purification using affinity and gel filtration methods
• General laboratory reagent preparation and cleaning
• Detailed laboratory record keeping
• Report writing
• Presentation of data internally and to clients Person specification.
• Degree or equivalent in Biology or a related subject area
• Experience in molecular cloning, protein expression and purification essential
• Experience in recombinant antibody technology desired
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively and progress tasks concurrently
• Excellent organisational skills and understanding of the importance of maintaining laboratory records
• General proficiency with computers
• A sound knowledge of laboratory safety.
• Demonstrable communication skills
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB CONTACT:
TEL: 01234 780020
E MAIL: INFO@MOLOGIC.CO.UK
If this particular position isn’t suitable for you, we are always on the lookout for talented scientists, particularly in the field of lateral flow assays.
If you think that your skills match our needs, there’s no harm in sending us your CV and a speculative letter.
To contact us:
Tel: 01234 780048
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org