Mologic is looking to recruit a Research Scientist for our York laboratory.
The role involves working as part of a team to deliver molecular biology and recombinant antibody services. Tasks will include:
- General microbiology growth and characterisation
- Molecular cloning and protein expression
- Protein purification using affinity and gel filtration methods
- Recombinant antibody library generation
- General laboratory reagent preparation and cleaning
- Detailed laboratory record keeping
- Report writing
- Presentation of data internally and to clients
- Degree or equivalent in Biology or a related subject area
- Experience in molecular cloning, protein expression and purification
- Experience in recombinant antibody technology and/or yeast expression or general microbiology desired.
- Good Microbiological Practice and aseptic techniquedesired
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively and progress tasks concurrently
- Excellent organisational skills and understanding of the importance of maintaining laboratory records
- General proficiency with computers
- A sound knowledge of laboratory safety.
- Demonstrable communication skills
Click HERE or on the Job description below for more details.
To discuss this position please contact Lucy Beales firstname.lastname@example.org