Research Scientist – York
Mologic is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Research Scientist to join our team.
The position is based at the York site (Sand Hutton) which is expanding to provide a comprehensive microbiology, recombinant protein and antibody service.
The role involves working as part of a team to deliver molecular biology and recombinant antibody services.
Tasks will include:
• Fermentation and protein expression in bacteria and yeast
• Protein purification using affinity and gel filtration methods
• Molecular cloning
• General laboratory reagent preparation and cleaning
• Detailed laboratory record keeping
• Report writing
• Presentation of data internally and to clients
• Degree or equivalent in Biology or a related subject area
• Experience in protein expression and purification essential
• Experience in bioreactor culture and expression preferred
• Experience in molecular cloning preferred
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively and progress tasks concurrently
• Excellent organisational skills and understanding of the importance of maintaining laboratory records
• General proficiency with computers
• A sound knowledge of laboratory safety.
• Demonstrable communication skills
If this opportunity is of interest, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com