Mologic is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Research Assistant Scientist to join our team.
The position is based at the York site (Sand Hutton) which is expanding to provide a comprehensive microbiology, recombinant protein and antibody service.
The role involves working as part of a team to deliver molecular biology and recombinant antibody services.
Tasks will include:
• Recombinant antibody library generation and selection (Phage display)
• Molecular cloning and protein expression
• Protein purification using affinity and gel filtration methods
• General laboratory reagent preparation and cleaning
• Detailed laboratory record keeping
• Report writing
• Presentation of data internally and to clients Person specification.
• Degree or equivalent in Biology or a related subject area
• Experience in molecular cloning, protein expression and purification essential
• Experience in recombinant antibody technology desired
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively and progress tasks concurrently
• Excellent organisational skills and understanding of the importance of maintaining laboratory records
• General proficiency with computers
• A sound knowledge of laboratory safety.
• Demonstrable communication skills